Great ideas don’t change the world, great organizations do. We put impact entrepreneurs on the path to realizing their vision with the education and support they need to successfully grow their ventures.
SVX Pre-Flight is an intensive six-week business acceleration program for companies that create a social or environmental benefit as an integral part of what they do. It draws on the skills and expertise available through the MaRS Discovery District and its partners to provide workshops and one-to-one mentorship to fast-track impact ventures.
Participants learn in depth about due diligence and are provided support to refine their pitches and investor relations materials. The program culminates in Demo Day, a live pitch event to an audience of investors, and potentially on-boarding to the SVX platform for raising capital.
Pre-Flight builds off the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing’s former Impact8 program. Content and advisory partners have included RBC, TMX Group, Virgin Unite and Norton Rose Fulbright.
WHO'S IT FOR?
Leaders of investment-stage Canadian for-profit, non-profit or cooperative organizations that have potential to generate a positive social outcome and financial returns.
To be considered for SVX Pre-Flight, you/your venture must:
- Be a Canadian incorporated for-profit, not for-profit or cooperative organization
- Have at least one-year operational history
- Have existing revenue or customers
- Demonstrate strong understanding of operational, financial and strategic plans
- Show evidence of relevant expertise within management/officers and directors
- Have demonstrable, measurable impact in target outcome areas
- Be raising or planning to raise investment capital within the next six months.
- Participants must work full time on their venture
Program dates and location
Pre-Flight runs each fall. The program is conducted in downtown Toronto and is open to MaRS clients and ventures from across Canada. Applicants must be available to attend weekly sessions in person in Toronto.
Applications for SVX Pre-Flight are currently closed.