Great ideas don’t change the world, great organizations do. We put impact entrepreneurs on the path to realizing their vision with the education and support they need to successfully grow their ventures.
SVX Pre-Flight is an intensive six-week business acceleration program for companies that create a social or environmental benefit as an integral part of what they do. It draws on the skills and expertise available through the MaRS Discovery District and its partners to provide workshops and one-to-one mentorship to fast-track impact ventures.
Participants learn in depth about due diligence and are provided support to refine their pitches and investor relations materials. The program culminates in Demo Day, a live pitch event to an audience of investors, and potentially on-boarding to the SVX platform for raising capital.
Pre-Flight builds off the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing’s former Impact8 program. Content and advisory partners have included RBC, TMX Group, Virgin Unite, MNP, Adler and Norton Rose Fulbright.
Program dates and location
Pre-Flight will run from March to May 2017. The program is conducted in downtown Toronto and is open to MaRS Clients and ventures from across Canada. Applicants must be available to attend weekly sessions each Wednesday in person in Toronto. SVX Pre-Flight is provided at no cost to participants.
To be considered for SVX Pre-Flight, you/your venture must:
- Be an incorporated for-profit, not-for-profit or cooperative organization
- Be based in any Canadian province or territory
- Have at least one-year operational history
- Have existing revenue or customers
- Demonstrate a scalable business model that tackles a significant problem
- Show evidence of relevant expertise within management/officers and directors
- Have demonstrable, measurable impact in target outcome areas that is integrated into the business model
- Be raising or planning to raise investment capital within the next three to six months.
- Participants must work full time on their venture
- Ontario-based ventures must be eligible for the Ontario Social Impact Voucher program from Ontario Centres of Excellence
Applications can be submitted here. Application deadline extended to Feb. 20, 2017.
If you have questions about SVX Pre-Flight, please contact Marie Ang at email@example.com