Impact8 fast-tracks high-potential social ventures to a greater stage of investment readiness, helping them attract financing to scale their impact.
Apply now to take part in the spring 2015 cohort: Impact8: Work & Learning
The Spring 2015 program, running April – June, is targeted to ventures developing innovations in education and employment, with a particular focus on outcomes relating to access and inclusion; workforce planning; youth employment; system transformation; curriculum/content enhancement.
Applications for Spring 2015 cohort are now open!
Impact8 is an investment-readiness program supporting high-impact ventures with blended value propositions: social enterprises or social purpose businesses generating positive social or environmental impact and compelling financial returns.
Impact8 leverages the skills and expertise of the MaRS and partners to deliver targeted workshops, one-to-one advisory services, mentorship, peer learning, community profile, investor introductions and pitch opportunities. Key contributors to Impact8 content and advisory services include RBC, TMX, Miller Thomson, KPMG, BDC, Hirefly, and more.
Impact8 graduates will be eligible to become SVX issuers, and where appropriate, to be considered by the Impact Venture Fund. One peer-selected winner will receive an operational grant from the MaRS Centre for Impact Investing.
Who Should Apply?
Impact8 seeks to accelerate startups that have achieved product validation and are seeking investment to grow their enterprise and scale their impact.
- Canadian incorporated for-profit, not for-profit or cooperative organization
- Minimum one-year operational history
- Existing revenue or customers
- Strong understanding of operational, financial and strategic plans
- Evidence of relevant expertise within management/officers and directors
- Demonstrable, measureable impact in target outcome areas
- Participants must work full-time on their venture and should be raising or planning to raise investment capital within the next 6-12 months.
The program will run from April-June, and will include two days bi-weekly of in-person workshops, complemented by one-to-one advisory from service providers and mentors, and culminate in an investor pitch event. Participants must available and in Toronto for in-person programming.
Apply now! Applications close Monday, March 2.
Questions? Contact Trish Nixon at email@example.com or (647) 255-5212