From Blueprint To Scale: the Case for Philanthropy in Impact Investing
– Explains how impact investing is constrained by the tough realities of inclusive business, and introduces the phenomenon of the pioneer gap.
– Describes the emerging practice of enterprise philanthropy, and how it is the key to establishing the inclusive business models into which capital can then be deployed.
– Analyzes a number of companies from the Acumen Fund portfolio to understand both successes and setbacks, and to illustrate the Four ‘P’s of effective enterprise philanthropy.
– Sets out our key recommendations for philanthropic funders and for impact investors.
– Provides some practical ideas for what and how to fund, in the Enterprise Philanthropy Playbook.